30 Days Easy Return. We are the largest supplier of the most adaptable, personalized hardware in the industry. We work hard to ensure you're satisfied with our products.
Satin Aluminum Clear
1690 SeriesConcealed vertical rod touchbar device
The design of the 1690 is ideal for demanding, moderate-traffic applications. The vertical rods and latch mechanisms are concealed in the vertical door stile, ensuring trouble-free operation. Cast metal cover plates and end caps hold up to rigorous use. A quick, single-point dogging feature in the housing deactivates the device, permitting unrestricted traffic flow. The 1690 may also be used to retrofit a 1990 Series crossbar device.Specifications: Hand:
- Field reversible, non-handed.
- US28, DC13, DC 35, US3, US10, US26, US26D. Centercase and end cap are powder-coated black only.
- PB48 top.
- Standard top - SU latch.
- Standard bottom - hex bottom bolt.
- Optional top - ES - electric strike top latch, device must be less bottom rod (LBR).
- Optional bottom - RL - rod bottom latch. - PL - pullman bottom latch
- Hex key dogging standard, except EL where must use hold back feature on outside cylinder
- Rim, night latch (NL) or hold back (HB) feature available. Field selectable.
- 30", 36", 42", and 48".
- 1 3/4" thick metal doors, specify if other.*
- 3 3/8" in neutral position, 2 3/8" in dogged position. Pushbar height is 2 1/2".
- 1 3/4" minimum.
- EL - electric latch retraction, ED - electric dogging (both EL and ED require PS914-2RS minimum power supply). RX - request to exit switch, monitors pushpad SPTD switch.
- All machine screw mounting. Device mounting fasteners are concealed, latch fasteners are exposed to egress side.
- Black powder-coated metal end caps.
- 7' standard, extension rods available up to 10'. Rod extension kits available.7' standard, extension rods available up to 10'. Rod extension kits available.
- Certified ANSI A156.3 grade 1 standards.
- 1690 devices are used for hurricane rated door openings. Consult door manufacturer's listing.
- * 9970 is for use on HM and Alum doors only. Not for use on wood doors.