30 Days Easy Return. We are the largest supplier of the most adaptable, personalized hardware in the industry. We work hard to ensure you're satisfied with our products.
- Helps to Determine if Amount of Force Required to Open Doors Meets A.D.A. Regulations
- Pocket Sized Tool is Simple to Use
- Range is from 0 to 35 Lbs. (0 to 15.9 kg)
3 oz (91g)
According to the ADA, doors present some of the most common accessibility concerns for disabled persons. Doors that require too much force to open create difficulties for the elderly, for the disabled, and for anyone without sufficient upper-body strength. To facilitate universal accessibility, the ADA has determined the force required for pushing or pulling open a door or gate (other than a fire door) should be:
• Interior hinged doors: 5 pounds maximum (2.27 kg)
• Sliding or folding doors: 5 pounds maximum (2.27 kg)
• Data per 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, section 404.2.9
Our Door Pressure Gauge shows the amount of force (pounds or kilograms) required to open doors so you can determine if the door meets A.D.A. regulations. An absolutely vital tool if working on doors in facilities requiring full access to disabled persons. It can also be used to determine the amount of rolling force required to open or close patio doors. Gauge measures a range from 0 to 35 lbs. (0 to 15.9 kg).
Take the GUESSWORK out of determining how much force is required to open commercial doors!
KNOW the EXACT amount by using the Door Pressure Gauge (0 - 35 lb Force Range)
This instrument is capable of measuring the entire range of forces found in servicing interior and exterior doors.
Building and Fire Code Inspectors
Architects and Contractors
Building Maintenance Engineers
Commercial Door and Hardware Professionals
MEET ADA REQUIREMENTS and Satisfy Codes pertaining to Fire and Elevator Doors.
The American with Disabilities Act requires that both interior and exterior doors of a building be handicapped accessible. With civil penalties for a first violation ranging up to $75,000, it's VITAL to measure commercial door pressure requirements! Subsequent violation penalties are capped at $150,000. This means that you can't afford NOT to have a door pressure gauge in your pocket!
The Door Pressure Gauge is guaranteed to give you accurate readings, is incredibly easy to operate and is MADE IN THE USA !
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Set the top (small) o-ring located on the plunger rod on zero, down against the instrument's flange; or set the o-ring on the desired force.
2. Holding the instrument firmly, press slowly against the door at a point approximately handle-high, and 30 inches away from the door's hinges.
3. Read the amount of force required to open the door on the plunger scale closest to the bottom of the small o-ring.
This tool is absolutely required for anyone who has to adjust door pressure or verify the required ADA specifications are met. Your building inspector has one of these gauges in his pocket... Shouldn't you"
Don't just hope it's right... KNOW it's RIGHT!