30 Days Easy Return. We are the largest supplier of the most adaptable, personalized hardware in the industry. We work hard to ensure your are satified with our products.
- Heavy Duty Deadlatch
- Bolt Holdback: While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Provides Flexible Traffic Control
- Cylinder Backset: 31/32”, 1-1/8”, or 1-1/2”
- Easy Installation
- Case: Measures 7/8” x 5-13/16” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on catalog page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Screw-fastened tube spacer brackets allow for cleaner removal when tab mounting.
- 1-3/4" Minimum Door Thickness Required
- Latchbolt: 5/8” x 1” x 5/8” throw. Solid brass. Handing is easily reversible using only a screwdriver.
- Warranted Free From Defects In Workmanship And Materials Under Normal Use And Service
- Auxiliary Latchpin: Stainless steel. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Faceplates: Measures 1” x 6-7/8”. Both flat and radius faceplates are supplied. Flat faceplates can also be adjusted in the field for right or left beveled edge doors.
- Strikes: Standard strike furnished is 4902 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Specify 4901 for retrofit installations. Also available: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors and long lip strikes for centerhung doors.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
- Options: Backset, strike, and finish must be specified when ordering. For information on handles, paddles, and lever operators, see TRIM. See ELECTRIC STRIKES for compatible access control products. See 4920AN Heavy Duty Deadlatch (ANSI Size) for wood and hollow metal door applications.
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with flat and radius faceplates, strike, and machine screws for mounting. Order cylinders, paddles, handles, or lever operators separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/4 lbs.
Dark Bronze Anodized
2.625" Flat Mortised Strike
1-3/4" - 2"
Dark Bronze Anodized Aluminum
Narrow Stile Latch Lock
Latch Backset Dim
Dead Latch (Guarded)
Lock Face Size
6-7/8" x 1"
Dark Bronze Anodized
4900 SeriesHeavy Duty Deadlatch
4900 Heavy Duty Deadlatch provides flexible traffic control and easy installation.
Flexibility of traffic control and easy installation is offered by 4900 Series Heavy Duty Deadlatches. A key-controlled bolt hold-back feature allows for two-way traffic for applications which require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. This allows a "locked" entrance to be used as an exit by visitors already in the building. 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] minimum door thickness required. Interchangeable, without stile modification, with any MS1850S deadbolt of same backset and faceplate shape. Also retrofits to existing 4510 and discontinued 4700 Deadlatch preparations.
Turn key or operate handle or paddle to retract spring-loaded latchbolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Lock accepts any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066 Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- 31/32" [24.6 mm], 1-1/8" [28.6 mm], or 1-1/2" 38.1 mm].
- Measures 7/8" x 5-13/16" x depth [22.2 mm x 147.6 mm x depth].
- Depth varies by backset (see table on back of page). Screw-fastened tube spacer brackets allow for cleaner removal when tab mounting.
- While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Solid brass. Handing is easily reversible without special tools.
- Measures 5/8" x 1" x 5/8" [15.9 mm x 25.4 mm x 15.9 mm] throw.
- Stainless steel. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent "loiding" or case-knife entry.
- Measures 1" x 6-7/8" [25.4 mm x 174.6 mm]. Both flat and radius faceplates are supplied. Flat faceplates can also be adjusted in the field for right or left beveled edge doors.
- Standard strike furnished is 4902 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Specify 4901 for retrofit installations. Also available: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors and long lip strikes for center-hung doors.
- Individually boxed with strike plate, flat and radius faceplates, and mounting screws. Cylinder, paddle, handle available separately.
- Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
- Available without faceplate or strike plate, select 4913.
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.