30 Days Easy Return. We are the largest supplier of the most adaptable, personalized hardware in the industry. We work hard to ensure your are satified with our products.
- Narrow Stile Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Materials: Pushbar made of extruded aluminum, clad or anodized in a variety of finishes.
- Patented Top Latching Mechanism Interlocks Door to Frame
- Handing: Device is non-handed. Lever Entry Trim is field reversible.
- Strong, Durable Construction for High Level of Security
- Pushbar Length: Standard sizes: dimensioned for 30”, 36”, 42”, and 48” openings. Standard width bars can be field cut to the next smallest opening width.
- Easy To Install
- Bar Height: Standard model adjusts from 30” to 44”.
- Warranted Free From Defects In Workmanship And Materials Under Normal Use And Service
- Door Height: Standard model fits up to 8 ft door, with bar height at 40”– 44”. For doors up to 10 ft. Tall Door Kit available separately: 8055 Tall Door Kit for 8100 or 3055 Tall Door Kit for 3100.
- Door Thickness: Suits 1-3/4” standard, up to 2-1/4”.
- Stile Width: 3100 – Minimum 3-3/4”. Door construction may require additional stile width to meet fire ratings and provide adequate strength. 8100 – Minimum 3-3/4”.
- Projection: 2-15/16” when fully projected, 1-15/16”when dogged.
- Dogging: Standard dogging with hex key or optional cylinder dogging for 8100 Series only. Electric dogging also available for 3100 and 8100 Series.
- Fasteners: Standard self-tapping screws. Optional Sex Bolt Kits 26-0584 (two required per device). Specify finish.
- Cylinders (available separately): See CYLINDERS for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
- Cylinder x Fixed Pull: (ANSI/BHMA Function 03): Accepts any standard Rim cylinder.
- 3080 Entry Trim (ANSI/BHMA Functions 08, 09): Accepts any standard diameter Mortise cylinder with MS cam. Accommodates cylinder lengths from 1” to 1-1/4”. (Available separately)
- Warranty: Five year limited.
Dark Bronze Anodized
Standard Header Strike
Dark Bronze Anodized Aluminum
1-3/4 In. - 2-1/4 In.
36 Inch (3 Foot)
8 Foot (96 Inches)
Concealed Vertical Rod
Minimum Stile Size
Narrow Stile Pushpad
Dark Bronze Anodized
8600 SeriesNarrow Stile Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Device
The 8600 Series Narrow Stile Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Device is designed for narrow stile aluminum applications that require a lifesafety exit device with concealed vertical rods for two-point locking. Designed for use in applications with single doors or pairs of doors.Certifications:
- UL 305 Panic hardware
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3-2008 Grade 1
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3-2014 Grade 2
- Push bar made of extruded aluminum, cladded or anodized in a variety of finishes.
- Device is non-handed.
- Standard sizes: dimensioned for 30" [762.0 mm], 36" [914.4 mm], 42" [1,066.8 mm], and 48" [1,219.2 mm] openings. Standard width bars can be field cut to the next smallest opening width.
- Standard model adjusts from 30" [762 mm] to 44" [1117.6 mm].
- Suits 1-3/4" [44.5 mm] standard, up to 2-1/4" [57.2 mm]. Device requires modification when used with cylinder in doors over 1-3/4" [44.5 mm]. Please contact factory for more details.
- Standard configuration suitable for doors up to 66" [1,676.4 mm] above the selected bar height. For doors over 66" [1,676.4 mm] above bar height, up to 10' [3.05 m] use 8655 Tall Door Kit available separately.
- Minimum 2" [50.8 mm] stile. Fits narrow, medium, and wide stile aluminum doors.
- Doors with stile walls other than 1/8" [3.2 mm] require modification.
- 2-5/8" [66.7 mm] when fully projected,
- 1-5/8" [41.3 mm] when dogged.
- Standard dogging with hex key or optional cylinder dogging. Electric dogging option also available.
- Standard machine screws.
- Accepts any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder. Accommodates cylinder lengths from 1" [25.4 mm] to 1-1/4" [31.8 mm]. Available separately.
- For entry trim function 03 (Night latch - key releases latch) select any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder. Accepts any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam.
- If key entry operation is required, any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam can be installed through an 8650 Cylinder Escutcheon. 8650 Cylinder Escutcheon Kit available separately.
- For entry trim function 08 (key locks/unlocks lever) or function 09 (key releases lever) select any standard 1" [25.4 mm] length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder. Accommodates cylinder lengths from 1" [25.4 mm] to 1-1/4" [31.8 mm]. Available separately.
- The patented top latching mechanism utilizes a rotating top bolt which deadlatches around the header strike, interlocking the door to the frame. Supplied with standard header strike. Adjustable protected steel rods. The hexagonal, hardened steel bottom bolt is shielded in a cast housing for strength and stability.
- Individually boxed.
- 12 lbs
- [5.44 kg]
- Available in top rod only version, less bottom rod.
- Specify by adding "T" after exit device model number.
- Motorized Latch Retraction
- Electric Latch Retraction (LR)
- Electric Dogging
- Cylinder Dogging
- Matching End Caps