- Bolt Holdback: While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Cylinder Backset: 7/8”, 31/32”, 1-1/8” or 1-1/2” only
- Case: Measures 1” x 5-13/16” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on catalog page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Latchbolt: 1/2” x 1” x 1/2” throw. All metal with hardened steel internal pins. Handing is reversible without special tools.
- Auxiliary Bolt: All metal. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Strikes: Standard strike furnished is 4902-01 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Available separately: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors; longer strike (4901) to cover slot strike of MS lock; long lip strikes for centerhung doors.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
- Options: Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
- Standard Package: Individually boxed with strike, and machine screws for mounting. Cylinders, paddles, and handles available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/4 lbs.
1-3/4" - 2"
Satin Aluminum Clear Anodized
Narrow Stile Latch Lock
Latch Backset Dim
Lock Face Size
6-7/8" x 1"
Satin Aluminum Clear
4510 SeriesStandard Duty Deadlatch
510 Standard Duty Deadlatches provide flexible traffic control during and after business hours.
The 4510 Series Standard Duty Deadlatch offers flexibility of traffic control during and after business hours. A reverse turn of the key while the bolt is held retracted retains the bolt to allow two-way traffic for healthcare, financial institutions, retail, and other applications that require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. Interchangeable, without stile modification, with any MS1850S Deadlock of same backset and faceplate shape. They do not, however, provide the same maximum security level as the MS®Deadlock.
Turn key or operate handle or paddle to retract spring-loaded latchbolt. To holdbolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Lock accepts any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, available separately. Lock accepts any standard 1" (25.4 mm) length, 1-5/32" [29.4 mm] diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam such as the 4036 Mortise Cylinder or thumbturn such as the 4066Thumbturn, available separately. Lock accepts cylinder from either or both sides.
- 7/8" (22.2 mm)
- 31/32" (24.6 mm)
- 1-1/8" (28.6 mm)
- 1-1/2" (38.1 mm)
- Steel with corrosion-resistant plating. Measures 1" x 5-13/16" x depth (25.4 mm x147.6 mm x depth). Depth varies by backset.
- While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- All metal with hardened steel internal pins. Handing is reversible without special tools. Measures 1/2" x 1" x 1/2" (12.7 mm x 25.4 mm x 12.7 mm) throw.
- All metal. Deadlocks latchbolt to prevent "loiding" or case-knife entry.
- Measures 1" x 6-7/8" (25.4 mm x 174.6 mm).
- Standard strike furnished is 4902-01 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Available separately: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors; longer strike (4901) to cover slot strike of MS lock; long lip strikes for center hung doors.
- Individually boxed with strike and mounting screws. Cylinder, paddle, handle available separately.
- 1-1/4 lbs (.57 kg). Also available in a 25-unit pack for volume customers. Please contact factory for more information.
- Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
- Available without faceplate or strike plate, select 4513.
- Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized.