Roll over image to zoom in
30 Days Easy Return. We are the largest supplier of the most adaptable, personalized hardware in the industry. We work hard to ensure you're satisfied with our products.
- Blind Installation (Installs From One Side of Work) for Light to Medium Duty Fastening
- Reduces Inventory Because One Insert Works in Any Thickness Above .030" (.76 mm)
- The Unique Method of Installing Load Threads in Virtually Any Material: Aluminum, Magnesium, Steel, Cast Iron, Plastics, Fiberglass, or Hardboard
- Use to Install Z-Clamps to Posts
- Vibration Proof
Hole Depth Minimum
0.390 in (10 mm)
Fits Thread Size
#4 (.112) – 40
Minimum Hole Depth
.390" (9.9 mm)
CRL Riv-Nuts Steel Insert Fasteners can be used in light and medium duty fastening applications. They can be installed into thinner materials with greater ease than can be accomplished with weld nuts, pierce nuts, clinch nuts, thread tapping, and thread forming screws. They are "non-grip sensitive", one Steel Insert Fastener part number per thread size accommodates any grip over .030" (.76 mm), eliminating the need for various grip ranges.
The unique feature of CRL Riv-Nuts Steel Insert Fasteners is the axial knurl under the flange of the insert. The expansion of the sleeve causes the knurl to bite into the parent material, providing greater torque resistance. Use CRL Riv-Nuts Steel Insert Fasteners to improve your product and speed up production. They're ideal for high-speed installations, as well as low volume applications using manual tools.
• Wear resistant threads due to unique mechanical properties of installation.
• No special skills are required – installation can be learned in minutes.
• Ideal for high-speed production. Can be installed at rates up to 500 pieces per hour.
• Steel Insert Fasteners self-tighten with repeated use.
• Use in standard drilled or punched holes.
• No deburring necessary.
• Can be installed at any point of the assembly operation with portable tools.
• Can be installed after painting or plating.
• Metric and other sizes, aluminum, brass or stainless steel available on special order.
For further information on matching metal thicknesses.
Most shipping weights are approximate and have not been verified. If the exact weight is needed in order to determine shipping costs, and shipping costs are required in order for you to complete your order, please request this prior to submitting your order by contacting CRL Customer Service. Product images shown are of the actual product or a close representation. Colors can vary depending on your computer's video card and on how your monitor's color is adjusted.