When running any business that handles monetary transactions, it is a logical step to secure it. Most of the time, business runs smoothly, but there is always a potential risk for theft or vandalism to occur.
One of the most important components of business security is a speak-thru, a device usually installed in a transaction window that allows for smooth communication between employees and customers. If you are running a convenience store, bank, ticket booth, concession stand or any other business that requires safe transactions, look no further. This brief blog can guide you to making the right speak-thru purchase.
Common Components of Speak-Thrus
First, let’s go a little more in depth about these products. Virtually every speak-thru is constructed with the following functions:
- Allows clear communication without raising voice
- Eliminates drafts/ambient noise
- Prevents tampering from the outside
- Works with wired or wireless headsets
These functions work together to ensure business transactions go as smoothly as possible.
Finding the Speak-Thru You Need
While the above functions are features of every speak-thru, most businesses will need more information before making a purchase. To find the speak-thru that best fits your needs, ask yourself:
Does my business have a transaction window that can be cut into?
- Most speak-thrus are window units that are installed into pre-cut holes. If this is not a viable option, countertop speak-thrus are available that serve the same purpose.
Does my business require extra protection?
- For buildings that require protection from firearms, optional bullet-resistant speak-thrus go a long way in adding security and protection. Most bullet-resistant speak-thrus are constructed with Level 1 to 3 protection.
For best results, select a product only after conducting a comprehensive security assessment. Investing in building security may seem like a large one-time cost, but it can yield long-term benefits, if done correctly.
For quotation contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll Free: 877-509-8040